- A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body.
- The notion that dogs and cats are natural enemies (suggested by the phrase, "fighting like cats and dogs") is overstated, if not simply false. Generally speaking, cats and dogs get along better than cats and cats or dogs and dogs.
- When a man meets a cow in Minnesota, he is required by law to remove his hat.
- The cat's equivalent of a kiss is to touch nose to nose.
- In Cleveland, OH, it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.